Today I made lasagna. Let's just say it was not fun. I realized half way through that my lasagna noodles were no boil noodles and that made things go to pieces. Besides, how much more processed can you get than no boil noodles? On top of that, I still had to use cans because I didn't make tomato sauce and we still don't have tomatoes, so both of those came from a can. Also my recipe didn't tell me how long to bake my lasagna. Sounds like a field day in my kitchen, right? Apparently these days happen. If you are embarking on this journey with me, I am sorry for the day this happens to you, but I made it through, most everyone got seconds and there are only two servings left. Considering that there were probably 10 servings in the pan and there were only 4 people, I'd say that speaks for itself. We also had the last of yesterday's salad and the asparagus casserole of a few days ago.
The recipe (follow at your own risk!)
9 lasagna noodles
1-1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 large can of tomatoes, drained (and rinsed!) and cut up
1 cup chopped onion (I just used a fairly small onion, didn't actually measure)
15 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1 (12 oz) carton of cottage cheese (I did not use this because I hate cottage cheese, but good thing or my dad probably would have pulled out some lunch meat...poor Dad probably will hate meal times by the end of this)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Brown beef and drain. Boil some water for you (boil requiring) noodles. Add onion to the beef along with tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix well, cook on low heat. Add salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Simmer. Boil noodles as directed on package. In 13x9" greased pan add some tomato sauce or meat sauce and spread evenly.
Add layer of noodles, 1/3 of meat sauce, 1/3 of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella (or just 1/3 of what you have--I only had 8 oz). Repeat 2 more times.
Sprinkle Parmesan on top and bake 30 min. (So it did tell me how long to bake, but I see this now...10 hours after the fact. It's been one of those days.)
I hope your lasagna goes better than mine, even though my family did eat it quite happily and I'm hankering for some right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment